Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Carob Cake with Almonds and Squash Jam


I used some fresh egg yarn for decoration...I ate...I closed my eyes and I think...THIS IS MY FAVORITE CAKE!!
There are some simpler recipes but when it's about cakes I am an excesses person, I assume :)
In a little slice, fireworks of flavor!!!

Recipe aqui (portuguese version)
or below in english


Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 300g sugar
  • 4 tbsp melted butter
  • 100g carob flour
  • 4 tbsp wheat flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 250g squash jam
  • 250g coarse ground almonds (with skin)
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 180ºC
  • Butter and flour a chimney pan
  • Mix together eggs and sugar, using some kind of a wooden or melamine spoon
  • Add melted butter and combine a little
  • Add all other ingredients and combine very well
  • Bake for about 45 minutes or untill a toothpich inserted in the center comes out clean
  • Cool in wire rack for 15 minutes and carefully turn onto a plate and let cool completely 
  • Can be decorated with caramel and almonds, squash jam or, like mine, egg yarns
Be addicted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agradeço a sua opinião